15/11/2017 11:30:16

Notification according to chapter 9, section 5 and 6 of the Securities Market Act: BlackRock Inc.'s holding in Metso

Related content
15 Jan - 
Metso to publish its Financial Statements Review for 20..
15 Jan - 
Preliminary information on Metso's fourth quarter 2017 ..
09 Jan - 
Notification according to chapter 9, section 5 and 6 of..

Metso Corporation, Stock exchange release, November 15, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. EET

Notification according to chapter 9, section 5 and 6 of the Securities Market Act: BlackRock Inc.'s holding in Metso

Metso Corporation has received a notification, pursuant to Chapter 9, Section 5 and 6 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act, about a change in the holding of mutual funds managed by BlackRock, Inc. of the total amount of shares and financial instruments entitling to shares of Metso Corporation.

On November 14, 2017, BlackRock, Inc.'s aggregate holding in Metso fell below the 5 percent threshold and amounted to 7,457,664 shares or 4.96 percent of Metso's shares and votes. BlackRock, Inc.'s holding through financial instruments in Metso Corporation amounted to 1,343,862 shares, which corresponds to 0.89 percent of the total amount of shares in Metso Corporation. On November 14, 2017, BlackRock, Inc.'s total position in Metso Corporation amounted to 8,801,526 or 5.85 percent of Metso's shares and votes.

Metso's total number of shares and voting rights is 150,348,256.

BlackRock, Inc.'s holdings according to the notification:

  % of shares and voting rights (A) % of shares and voting rights through financial instruments (B) Total of both in %

(A + B)

Resulting situation on the date on which the threshold was reached 4.96% 0.89% 5.85%
Position of previous notification 5.04% 0.76% 5.80%

A: Shares and voting rights

  Number of shares and voting rights % of shares and voting rights

ISIN Code

Direct

(SMA 9:5)

Indirect

(SMA 9:6 and 7)

Direct

(SMA 9:5)

Indirect

(SMA 9:6 and 7)

FI0009007835   7,457,664   4.96%

SUBTOTAL A

7,457,664 4.96%

 

B: Financial Instruments according to SMA 9:6a

Type of financial instrument

Expiration date

Exercise Period

Physical of cash settlement

Number of shares and voting rights

% of shares and voting rights

Securities Lent N/A N/A Physical 1,312,763 0.87%
CDF N/A N/A Cash 31,099 0.02%
     

SUBTOTAL B

1,343,862 0.89%

Metso is a world leading industrial company serving the mining, aggregates, recycling, oil, gas, pulp, paper and process industries. We help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability by using our unique knowledge, experienced people and innovative solutions to build new, sustainable ways of growing together.

Our products range from mining and aggregates processing equipment and systems to industrial valves and controls. Our customers are supported by a broad scope of services and a global network of over 80 service centers and about 6,000 services professionals. Metso has an uncompromising attitude towards safety.

Metso is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki, Finland, and had sales of about EUR 2.6 billion in 2016. Metso employs over 11,000 people in more than 50 countries. Expect results.

www.metso.com

,

www.twitter.com/metsogroup

Further information, please contact:

Juha Rouhiainen, VP, Investor Relations, Metso Corporation, tel +358 20 484 3253

Metso Corporation

Eeva Sipilä

CFO

Juha Rouhiainen

VP, Investor Relations

Distribution:

NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd

Media

www.metso.com

               


This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.

The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.

Source: Metso Corporation via Globenewswire